NoSenseWorrying.com

Chronicling the Yankees' season from my view in the bleachers.

April 30, 2006

Good Day Sunshine


Sunday, April 30, 2006
Home Game 12
Yankees 4 Blue Jays 1
Subway Race Winner: WW*
Cap Game: #3




You know something's not right with the calls behind the plate when Giambi strikes out looking twice. The shoddy work of umpire Adam Dowdy caused Torre to get tossed in the 5th. (Jays manager John Gibbons also got tossed in the 5th) It apparently lit a fire under the Yankees butts, because they score 2 runs that inning to take the lead. The first run came on an Andy Phillips homer (his first of the year) that just cleared the wall in right. The Yanks then loaded the bases on a double from Damon and walks to Jeter and Giambi. Mr. Roboto then walked A-Rod to give the Yanks the go-ahead run. Giambi tack on some insurance runs in the 7th with a 2-run dinger.

Moose had another strong outing. He got into a bit of trouble in the 5th. But he struck out Yankee-killer Shea Hillenbrand to end the inning. What impressed me most about his outing was that he didn't let the bad calls get to him. It always seemed like Moose would have a melt-down when calls wouldn't go his way. But he fought through it. Farnsworth pitched a strong 1.2 innings. He gave up a single to Rios in the 7th, but it was erased when he got caught stealing. I haven't seen the replays, but he looked safe to me, and that's from a few hundred feet away. But, I'll take the gift any day.

Random Notes
– I love day games, especially when the weather is this nice. But sometimes the most annoying people show up to those Sunday games. Like the idiots behind me. They were trying to taunt the Met fans that were sitting a few rows in front of me. Except they were failing miserably. When the Met fans replied with the fact that they're in first place by a bunch of games, the idiots started babbling on about Atlanta beating them. This just went back and forth for far too long. Really, all they had to do was comment on how the NL East is full of weak teams and it would've shut them up for a while.

These guys also caused me to miss the subway race.

I had two more annoying people sitting in front of me. A young couple who were canoodling the entire game. I came to see a baseball game, I don't need to see your girlfriend sucking on your earlobe for 3 hours.

– My friend's co-worker took my extra ticket today. It was his first trip to Yankee Stadium. It's always fun to watch a game with someone who has never been the Stadium before. They're not as jaded as the rest of us.

– I think I got a little sunburn today.

The Yanks left for Boston tonight. They will play 2 games there, then 2 in Tampa, then 3 in Texas. I have a bear of a project to get done this week so I probably won't be commenting much (I'll probably have to catch most of the games on radio). So, until next time...

In attendance record: 4-2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home