NoSenseWorrying.com

Chronicling the Yankees' season from my view in the bleachers.

June 10, 2006

Day Late and a Dollar Short


Friday, June 9, 2006
Home Game 29
A's 6 Yankees 5
Subway Race Winner: B train
Cap Game: #2




Ok, so it's more like 2 days late and a few thousand dollars short. My G4 crapped out on me so I spent most of yesterday buying a new computer. Of course I later find that the monitor I have is no longer compatible. I get an adapter today only to find that the monitor isn't even compatible with the adapter. Tomorrow I bite the bullet and I'll get new a display. So for now I'm writing this on an old iMac.

Now, onto the debacle that was Friday night. I really thought Randy would be OK. Hell, there were 2 outs before roll call had ended. But little by little he went downhill, ultimately imploding during an absolutely excruciating 4th inning. We've seen enough crap in the past few days, there's no need to really get into too much detail. Let's just say there was a hell of a lot of anger emanating from the stands. When the wind started whipping up in the 7th it was almost like we summoned the storm ourselves. Speaking of which, the field at the Stadium drains amazing well. Too bad the you can't say the same for the drainage system in the concession area of the bleachers.

Random Notes
– There was a close call for A-Rod before the game. He was jogging to the outfield for pre-game stretching at the same time the grounds crew was preparing the hose down the field. Just as he was about to step over the hose the crew started to lift it off the ground and he had to hop over it on one foot. That's all they needed. A-Rod tripping over a hose and twisting an ankle.

– The anthem was done by Sam "the Bugler” Grossman from the Belmont Park. Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens threw out the first pitch.

– Fans got on Milton Bradley's case after the rainout. Well, we were on him most of the night, but I guess it was easier for him to hear us when the place was nearly empty. He responded with various pantomimes suggesting that he's getting paid big bucks. At one point he threw down his glove as if to say "why don't you come down here and play right field". He grabbed his crotch in our general direction a few times too. At least Vernon Wells has fun with it. Milton was just a pompous jerk.

In attendance record: 9-8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home