NoSenseWorrying.com

Chronicling the Yankees' season from my view in the bleachers.

September 06, 2005

Goddammit!


Tuesday, September 6, 2005
Home Game 69
Devil Rays 4 Yankees 3
Subway Race Winner: D train
Cap Game: #1




My streak of 8 consecutive home wins ended tonight. And it was one of the worst losses I've attended this year. A perfectly shitty ending to a perfectly shitty day. Started off by getting a cortisone shot in the bottom of my foot. Then I walked into a shitstorm at work. Then Gilligan dies. Now this piece of crap.

I won't get into too much of a game summary. I'm trying to purge this day from my mind. Alls I can say is, bad things happen when stupid people try to start a wave in a close game.

Now, on to the game notes.

OK, raise your hand if you just knew that the Yanks sealed their fate for the night when Giambi got thrown out at second and Bernie at home in the bottom of the 6th. But hey, at least Bernie tried to knock the ball from the catcher. Unfortunately Bernie isn't built like A-Rod.

There was a smaller crowd than usual tonight (can't remember the last time it was under 50,000). Not too much noise to be made. But then again, there was nothing to get too excited about. Although the hyperactive boys behind seemed to have fun. Espcially after their dad bought them some cotton candy. Oh boy! That was just what those little fuckers needed.

The Fuji blimp was overhead tonight. There's something about that thing at night games that creeps me out. I never really notice it until I look up, and there it is floating in the darkness. I almost get the same feeling I had when I went to the Museum of Natural History as a kid, and we would walk into that room with the giant blue whale suspended from the ceiling.

The Salvation Army will be taking donations for their hurricane-relief fund at all of the Stadium entrances this week.

I won't be at tomorrow's game. Instead I will be attending the US Open. I think this will be the first game since mid-April (when I was in Pittsburgh for an extended weekend) that I won't be following live, either at the Stadium or on TV/radio. But I will be back in the Bronx on Thursday, and it looks like Wang will be too. He's getting the start over Leiter. And Small is going on Friday against the Sox. (Hey Steve, maybe Joe reads your blog too) I have an extra ticket available for Thursday's game if anyone is interested.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:09 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Joe reads? I thought he only read green tea leaves!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home