NoSenseWorrying.com

Chronicling the Yankees' season from my view in the bleachers.

June 13, 2006

I went to a Yankee game and a soccer match broke out.


Monday, June 13, 2006
Home Game 32
Yankees 1-0 Indians
Subway Race Winner: 4 train
Cap Game: #3




While I would've liked to have seen the Yankees take advantage of their scoring chances, I'm not at all upset about the two and a half hour pitcher's duel tonight. Wang was fantastic. Cano found his stroke at just the right time. The bullpen was lights out. Melky and KT made great plays in the outfield. Also, I'm thankful that the game was short because before the game I got that feeling in my throat, you know, when you're about to come down with an illness of some sort. My bet is on a throat infection. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Since I feel like shit I'll keep this short.

Random Notes
– When Melky slammed into the wall in the first inning I swear I could hear the thud.

– There were a couple guys in the bleachers who donned brown paper bags over their heads (like the Unknown Comic) when A-Rod came up. On one of the fronts the guy wrote "A-Rod Fan" and drew a big frown with tears streaming down his face). Their accomplice would hold up a sign behind them but I didn't get a chance to read what it said.

– So, will they move the big bat over to the new Stadium?

Tonight was my only game in the Bronx this week. But on Friday night I head down to D.C. for 2 games this weekend. Hopefully by then I'll start to feel a bit better. Road trips sucks when you're sick.

In attendance record: 10-8

1 Comments:

  • At 1:34 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Last year at my one Yankee game -- in Tiger Stadium, er Comerica -- I wound up sitting with a bunch of other Yankee fans. At first we didn't know who was pitching, then it dawned on us that our pitcher was Wang. Smiles and cheers broke out all around. It's a joy to watch him when he's on his game.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home