NoSenseWorrying.com

Chronicling the Yankees' season from my view in the bleachers.

August 12, 2005

Props to Proctor


Thursday, August 11, 2005
Home Game 58
Yankees 9 Rangers 8
Subway Race Winner: B train
Cap Game: #1



Driving in tonight I had a strong feeling this would be a high scoring game. And as much as I hoped that Proctor could continue this week's streak of quality starts, I truly didn't believe he could do it. Man, am I ever happy I was wrong. Giving up a dinger to start off the game didn't put me at ease any (I'm glad I decided to bring my inhaler tonight). But Proctor bore down after that and had an unbelievable debut as a starter. Only giving up 3 hits (including a second homer to Dellucci who ended the night 4-for-5) and no walks through 5 innings is more than I think any one of the 54,000 of us could've asked for. He got a standing-O when he left the game which had to make him feel all warm and squishy inside (that's how I felt anyways). I hope that this performance gives him some confidence when he goes back to the pen. Hopefully he knows that he has the ability to be successful if he throws strikes (which 50 of his 76 pitches were tonight).

It's a shame Scott couldn't get the win tonight. I wonder if he'll give his bullpen mates (Sturtze especially) shit for taking the win away from him.

There was a decent crowd tonight. We did a roll-call for Soriano which, as usual, he acknowledged. One schmuck decided to wear a shirt suggesting that The Captain enjoys performing a certain sex act on the Third Baseman. I get the feeling that in the past this guy would've been pummeled before he made it up the stairs. But this time he just got the obligatory Asshole chant and the cops made him turn his shirt inside out. Now, I'm not one to advocate violence, but I also enjoy seeing a good scrum now and then. And I wouldn't have minded if someone had knocked this guy on his ass. It's bad enough people wear BoSox paraphernalia when Boston isn't even at the Stadium, but to wear shit like that (in the bleachers no less) is just all sorts of wrong.

As for the rest of the game, it was nice to see the 3 guys on the team that I felt were sorely in need of home runs come up big. And let me just say that my love for Mariano Rivera is unhealthy.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:56 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It doesn't get much better than what we saw from Mo. I just hope Torre doesn't abuse him so badly that he runs out of gas should we make the playoffs.

    Was there any reaction to Karsay? He was one of my wife's favorites (to look at, anyway).

    I was looking at your pics. We were probably about a section removed from you at OTD. I linked to a few of our pics.

     
  • At 9:37 AM EDT, Blogger Jen said…

    Yeah, I'm worried about abusing Mo too. I can't remember the last time they won without him coming into the game. But it's kind of a catch 22. If you abuse him now in order to have a shot at the playoffs, he might be spent by post-season. But if you don't use him as much now, their chances or making the playoffs ain't so great.

    Nice pics. My seats are actually in the bleachers. I'm under the Bank of America sign.

     
  • At 11:47 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn, the B Train won, Go 4 train

     

Post a Comment

<< Home