NoSenseWorrying.com

Chronicling the Yankees' season from my view in the bleachers.

September 08, 2005

Watch Me Explode.


Thursday, September 8, 2005
Home Game 71
Devil Rays 7 Yankees 4
Subway Race Winner: 4 train
Cap Game: #2




'Cause I'm T.N.T., I'm dynamite
(T.N.T.) and I'll win the fight
(T.N.T.) I'm a power load
(T.N.T.) watch me explode


Relief pitchers should not be trotting out from the pen to any song which mentions exploding. But yet, on comes AC/DC and out runs Scott Proctor. I wrote in my notes that this was a bad omen. I hate when I'm right about such things.

A decent start by Wang wasted. I don't think anyone could've asked for much more than what he gave on his first start back. (except it would've been nice if he was able to go 6 innings.)

ruuuuuuebenThe attempt at a comeback in the 7th was momentarily uplifting. It was great to see Rueben go deep. But I wonder if they would've kept the momentum going if he hit, say, a double instead. Sometimes I think it's better just to keep the line moving and having someone on base to put a little pressure on the pitcher and the defense. But when you're hurting for some offense, beggars can't be choosers, right?

Let's hope August's Yankee Pitcher of the Month can set things right tomorrow night.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Talk about bad luck - you miss the one good game and are there for the two debacles. Nice to see Wang back, though.

     
  • At 11:54 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jen, I'm curious - did the crowd get vicious with the Devil Rays last night? I was cursing at them through the TV last night, to my wife's chagrin.

    BTW, thanks for invite over here while Steve L seems to be on a little break.

     
  • At 12:06 PM EDT, Blogger Jen said…

    hopbitters, no kidding about the bad luck. I was on such a good run there for a while too.

    Actually they were getting more vicious with the Yankees. Lawton heard some not so kind words. (btw, does anyone know how he got the nickname Subway?)

     
  • At 12:43 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Someone in section 39 was heckling Lawton to take the subway home with the heckler. Apparently, the heckler wanted to have some "words" with Lawton on the way home. While I agree Lawton could have played some of the balls better, I don't think he made any real errors. Sheff wouldn't have done better. But then again, Sheff isn't hitting .148 as a Yankee. Anyway, the rest of 39 picked up on the subway comment and started chanting.

    I must have been a few rows away from you (based on the photo last night). Section 37. Sitting next to a mother/daughter combo who came from Nebraska for a weekend of Yankee games. Usually, they have to drive three (3!) hours to Kansas City to watch the game. The mom is the Yankee fan, and passed on the appreciation to the kids. Once had a baseball signed by Casey Stengel, Yogi and Joe DiMaggio - at it got stolen when they moved to Nebraska :-(.

    The other highlight fan was the large guy in front of me wearing a Jeter jersey, wearing a number "2" watch. Everytime Jeter came to bat, he'd point to his watch and say "It's Jeter Time." Then he'd point to his pink rubber braclet and say "Save the Breast." He and his buddies had money going on the subway race. Go Four!

     
  • At 12:59 PM EDT, Blogger Jen said…

    Thanks Kevin.

    Actually I've heard him called Subway before last night. It was mentioned on a message board. Maybe it came from when his time with the Mets.

    I'm in Sec. 39, Row N. I was sitting near the woman who was screaming "Fucking Asshole" early in the game.

     
  • At 5:20 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The fan that was killing me was the one with the airhorn. Some 39 regular named "Tina" was trying to get the cops to kick them out.

    Also, a bunch of the 39ers had a big birthday card for Bernie. I don't know how they planned to deliver it.

     
  • At 12:26 AM EDT, Blogger Jen said…

    Yeah, I saw Tina finally get annoyed enough to talk to the cop. She's the Queen Bee (you don't want to piss her off). Tina is an original creature and deserves much respect.

    I don't think it will be a problem getting the card to Bernie. It seems that she has enough connections at the Stadium that it will find its way to him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home