NoSenseWorrying.com

Chronicling the Yankees' season from my view in the bleachers.

August 31, 2006

Doh!


Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Home Game 64
Tigers 5 Yankees 3
Subway Race Winner: D train
Cap Game: #1




Well, didn't that just suck. Granted, the Yankees had no business winning that game (3 runs on 3 hits?), but it would've been nice to have stolen that one. I'm more concerned than upset. 20 more pitches for Villone. 31 more for Proctor. This is why we can't have nice things, Joe. You keep on using them until they break. I think this would've been a perfect time to put Dotel in there. If you want to see what he's got, let him show it in a pressure situation. Now that Farnsworth's back is officially balky, the Yanks need another reliable arm in the pen. Well, we can't find out what he's made of if he doesn't get the chance to pitch in a big spot.

I've been reading a lot of comments and posts on other blogs about the booing after the top of the 9th. And while I'm sure a lot of people were booing Proctor, it seemed like a lot of dissatisfaction (in the immediate vicinity) was directed towards Torre for leaving Proctor in for so long.

There were a couple bright spots tonight. Wright pitched a good game. Much better that he had been doing. Of course it helped that this was the Tigers and they swing at everything. But still, he looked better. There were also some nice plays on defense. That bobble-spin-throw-to-second thing that Fasano did was awesome. Cano made a nice grab in the 8th to save a run. I missed the part where Guiel got run over though. I saw Cano make the throw and then all of a sudden Guiel was on the ground. I guess I'm still a little out of it. My head was clogged all day and I felt like I was listening to everything with paper cups over my ears.

This was the first time I've been to the Stadium since they broke ground for the new one. It's weird not seeing that park there anymore. Instead they have a black wall up. In some spot there's a fenced gate and you can see into the now empty lot. Some construction equipment is there and much of the ground seems to have been dug up already.



In attendance record: 24-16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home