NoSenseWorrying.com

Chronicling the Yankees' season from my view in the bleachers.

August 02, 2006

A New Beginning


Tuesday, August 1, 2006
Home Game 53
Yankees 5 Toronto 1
Subway Race Winner: 4 train
Cap Game: #2




Ok, so there are, what, 59 game left on the schedule. But last night had the feel of Opening Day all over again. We have new players in the Bronx. And there's a virtual tie atop the division. But unlike April, it's too late to be saying "well, it's still early."

It was a pretty good game. Wright pitched his usual 5 innings, but didn't implode when he got into trouble. Villone, Proctor and Farnsworth shut down the Jays the rest of the way. Although there were quite of few fly balls that could've gone out if the wind was blowing the right way. A-Rod got some love last night too. He's looking more aggressive at the plate, which is a good sign. His game-tying RBI double came on a 3-0 pitch, which he usually doesn't swing at. Hopefully with Abreu behind him, Alex will see better pitches. Although I would like to see Giambi and Bobby switched in the lineup.

Bernie added 3 more runs in the 4th with a bases-clearing double. Let's hope this is the start of one of Bernie's late-season hot streak.

Tonight we get to see what Craig Wilson is all about, presumably at first. He'll be tested right away, what with Wang on the mound. I bit the bullet and bought a ticket for tonight. The game isn't on my plan and since I can't go tomorrow, I figured I'd go tonight. I'll be sitting in the front row on the first base side by the tarp (I think. It's somewhere around there anyways.)

Random Notes:
– The organist played "Enjoy the Silence" before the game.

– Sheppard announced before and during the game, that with the heat wave the Yankees will be conserving energy throughout the Stadium. The out-of-town scoreboard and the Diamond Vision were used sparingly throughout the night. The tv's by the concession stands were turned off. They were also dimming some light amongst other things.

This sign sums up my feelings quite nicely.

In attendance record: 22-13

1 Comments:

  • At 6:40 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great Vernon Wells Chant last night, as well as the Bobby roll call. You could hear it great on TV. Also, in regards to the A-Rod sign...I may be young and possibly spoiled but I feel the same way. See you soon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home