NoSenseWorrying.com

Chronicling the Yankees' season from my view in the bleachers.

September 15, 2006

Back in the New York Groove


Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Home Game 69
Yankees 12 Devil Rays 4
Subway Race Winner: 4 train
Cap Game: #3




(It's a good thing I don't write for a living, 'cause I'd never meet any deadlines.)

The story of the night was obviously Matsui's return. I was feeling giddy all day when I heard that he could DH. Then, on the drive to the Stadium I heard that he was in the lineup and I couldn't stop smiling. I got a warm, squishy feeling when I saw him jogging out to warm up before the game. Doing his running in place thing, with those tiny little steps. The fact that he was 4-for-4 was just gravy. (oh, and Abreu had a decent game too:-)

My extra ticket went to the daughter of a Bronx Banter reader (I often post my extra tickets there). Erin is from Iowa and is in New York doing an internship for CBS news. This is her first time in the city and (obviously) the Stadium. As I've said before, it's always fun to see the game with someone who has never been the Stadium before, especially someone who doesn't really have a rooting interest in the Yankees (she's a Cubs fan). She seemed to have a good time even though it wasn't all that exciting of a game after the first inning. At one point she was talking about how different Iowa is to New York, and how there's not a heck of a lot to do. I made a joke about meth labs in the mid-west. Except it turns out there actually are a lot of meth labs out there and it's a big problem. Thank god I have Yankee games to go to.

In attendance record: 27-17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home