NoSenseWorrying.com

Chronicling the Yankees' season from my view in the bleachers.

September 10, 2005

Palate Cleanser.

Friday, September 9, 2005
Home Game 72
Yankees 8 Red Sox 4
Subway Race Winner: WW
Cap Game: WW



Well done boys. Well done indeed.

It was a crazy night so I didn't have a chance to jot down notes during the game like I usually do. Saw a bunch of people tonight that I haven't seen for a while so any down time between the action on the field was spent catching up with them.

For the most part it was a great crowd tonight. Not as many BoSox fans in attendance as there were in the previous games this season. Or maybe I just didn't notice them because they didn't have a whole lot to cheer about.

I can't imagine how Aaron Small must feel tonight. In the first, when he struck out Ortiz (who was hitless on the night), I had a good feeling that he would keep the Yankees in the game. And after a shaky second inning that's exactly what he did.

And he did something I haven't seen a Yankee starter do all year. He threw up and in on Ortiz. Twice! And how did he do against Small? Strike out, pop out, walk.

I feel bad for Embree. He did what he was brought in to do, but Cano booted yet another ground ball hit right at him. He did have a nice sac bunt (up the first baseline no less!) and he helped kick start a 4-run 6th inning, so I won't be too harsh on him. Gordon did an excellent job on the mound as well, inducing an inning ending ground ball double play with the bases loaded.

The only bad part of the night was trying to get out of the Bronx. Much of the crowd of 55,000 stayed until the last out and it was a madhouse just trying to walk to the parking deck.

I'll post pictures of the game when I get back from the Stadium tomorrow. I don't have Saturday tickets on my plan but I bought a ticket near the right field foul pole. Let's hope that Chacon can keep the momentum going. I would love nothing more than to see Schilling cry again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home