NoSenseWorrying.com

Chronicling the Yankees' season from my view in the bleachers.

May 12, 2006

Gut Shot


Thursday, May 11, 2006
Home Game 15
Red Sox 5 Yankees 3
Subway Race Winner: B train
Cap Game: #2




So around the, oh let's say 3rd inning (this game was so slow and painful that I can't remember what happened when), the guy behind me is on the phone with his friend who is watching from home. He says that Matsui is on the bench. That must be a good sign right? An inning or so later we hear that he's going to the hospital. S'ok, must be precautionary x-rays or something. Next update, his wrist is broken. My heart dropped a bit. Then we hear he's getting surgery and could be out for 3 months. My heart is in my shoes.

I haven't seen a replay yet. I'm not sure I want to. It looked pretty bad when it happened. Matsui still managed to get the ball back to the infield while he was in what I'm sure was excruciating pain.

Even though there was 4 hours worth of baseball tonight, I really don't have much to write about. Two heartbreaking losses in one night. Kevin Reese has been called up. Now that 2 big bats are missing from the lineup, the Yanks are going to have to start manufacturing runs. Sac bunts, hit & runs, stealing bases, etc. I guess we'll see what this team is really made of now.

In regards to the actual game, I would like to mention how truly awesome it was to see not one but two potential home runs snagged by Yankee outfielders. Bubba's looked like it was going over, Damon's was iffy from the one replay I saw. But still, if those two catches aren't made it would've been a whole different game.

No game for me tomorrow (may not be one anyway if this rain holds up like it's suppose to). I'll be preparing for some out-of-town guests who will be going to the Devils game with me on Saturday. I return to the Bronx on Mother's Day.

In attendance record: 4-4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home