NoSenseWorrying.com

Chronicling the Yankees' season from my view in the bleachers.

September 28, 2006

Be careful what you wish for, Brent


Thursday, September 28, 2006
Home Game 78
Orioles 7 Yankees 1
Subway Race Winner: D train
Cap Game: #1




Last night I had the pleasure of sitting with fellow Bronx blogger Brent and his friend Dante. He was lamenting that he hasn't been to a game yet where something special has happened. Well, he almost got his wish, but unfortunately it was the Orioles that were on the brink of that special moment. I can't say I would've been devastated if Cabrera got the no-no. He's not the schlub that some people seem to think he is. He always struck me as someone with immense potential. And I don't think it would've been that devastating to the Yankee players. Shit happens. But I am glad Cano got that hit (no, John Sterling, we weren't cheering for Cabrera's effort.) If someone's gonna no-hit the Yanks, let them do it in their own park, not at the Stadium.

It was a strange night. I spent most of it chatting with Brent and Dante about all things Yankee. Once in while I'd look up and still see a 0 under the H on the scoreboard. When they scored their lone run, I was thinking that maybe we'd get an Andy Hawkins game. But twas not be. Even though they lost with that monster line-up, it was still a nice night out at the Stadium. I have to enjoy these meaningless games while I can. Because starting next Tuesday, there will be a pile of fingernail bits under my seat.

In attendance record: 31-21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home