NoSenseWorrying.com

Chronicling the Yankees' season from my view in the bleachers.

September 27, 2006

Homestretch


Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Home Game 76
Yankees 5 Orioles 4
Subway Race Winner: D train
Cap Game: #1




With the division wrapped up and the oh so exciting Orioles in town, the Stadium was rather empty last night. The announced attendance was over 53,000, but there was no where near that amount of people there. I'm guessing people bought tickets thinking that the pennant race would be closer at this point, but decided not to show up.

Lidle did well for not pitching for a while. Hopefully if he's called upon in the post-season, he can do the same. I was impressed with Proctor too. Even though he got himself into trouble, he was able to get out of it in the end. I think Sheff is gonna start to heat up. That RBI single he had was smoked. Not much else to say. Leaving soon to go watch a true blue All-Star lineup, which should be fun.

Random Notes
– I didn't notice it during the Boston series, so this may not be new, but the Busweiser sign next the Diamond Vision is now a Bud Select sign.

– There was a crazy man sitting near me with a radio. I have no problem with people listening to radios at the game, but most people are courteous and use head phones. So for a couple innings we had to listen to Sterling call the game we were watching, which was highly annoying. I pay money so I don't have to listen to the radio. Luckily he didn't stay long.

In attendance record: 30-20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home