NoSenseWorrying.com

Chronicling the Yankees' season from my view in the bleachers.

September 10, 2005

Box Seats Suck.


Saturday, September 10, 2005
Home Game 73
Red Sox 9 Yankees 2
Subway Race Winner: D train
Cap Game: #3




Mental note: If I can't get bleacher seats, don't buy the tickets. I am 1-3 this year when sitting in a section that is not the bleachers. And the tickets for that one win were comp seats for the second game of the season.

I did get to sit somewhere I haven't before though. I was behind the right field foul pole, about eight rows up. You get a nice view straight down the foul line. All those close plays at first don't look so close from there. However, there is a big fat yellow pole obstructing your view of the pitcher's mound (not that I cared to see the Yankees pitch today). And the crowd over there sucked. (I almost nodded off a couple times.) But then again, there wasn't anything to get excited about, so I really can't say that it's always like that over there.

I did have a good view of Trot Nixon. Now, if they want to do the whole dirt dog, "we're the anti- corporate Yankee" thing, fine. But that fucking hat he wears is beyond disgusting. It looks like old dried-up pigeon crap.

There was nothing redeeming about today. Not a damn thing. However, I refuse to give up hope until they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Today's performance certainly wasn't encouraging. But I've stuck it out this far that I can't throw in the towel now.

Here are some pictures from today. And some from last night.

Tomorrow I'm back in my regular seats. I'm hoping someone pisses of Randy before his start. An angry Johnson is an effective Johnson.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:28 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Should we know Kim and Rob?

     
  • At 12:31 AM EDT, Blogger Jen said…

    Um, I don't think so. Kim has the seats next to me and Rob is his friend.

     
  • At 8:49 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Then I hope they read nosenseworrying.com! ;-)

     
  • At 8:52 PM EDT, Blogger Jen said…

    I haven't told them about the blog yet. In fact, I think only one of my real-life friends (meaning one that I haven't met online) knows about it. It's sort of like a secret identity :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home