NoSenseWorrying.com

Chronicling the Yankees' season from my view in the bleachers.

June 28, 2006

Clutch This!

I wish I could say that my recap of last night's game is late because I was at the Stadium this afternoon. Unfortunately I couldn't take the day off. But I did listen on the radio. Like most, if not all, Yankee fans I am soooo happy for A-Rod. I'm thinking that a hit that dramatic is something he can build on. He was on Michael Kay's radio show briefly after the game. It was probably the most open interview I've heard from him. Alex let his guard down a bit. He didn't flat out say that fans shouldn't boo, rather he spoke about how booing won't help him or other players do better. He also mentioned that his wife had told off some people in the stands that were giving him a hard time. At the end of the interview she was there and said that she feels bad that she lashed out like that. I wish I could cite more from the interview, it was really good. I don't really like Kay's radio show but he's very good with interviews.

Now on to last night's recap





Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Home Game 39
Braves 5 Yankees 2
Subway Race Winner: D train
Cap Game: #2




Bad loss. Not that any losses are good, but some can be accepted. Not this one. Jaret Wright did great. He finally made it through 6 innings, and probably would have started the 7th if there weren't a few lefties due up. It sucks that they wasted such a good start.

For the first time this season I sat somewhere other than my seats in the bleachers. I splurged for a field box seat in left field. The view was pretty good (I was right behind Melky), although the camera guy was often in the way on plays to right and center. I had a great view of Melky's throw home. It was really cool viewing it from behind him.

It's always nice to see a game from a different perspective. What's not always nice is dealing with some of the fans in the box seats. Perhaps I'm spoiled seeing games surrounded by (for the most part) people who are knowledgeable about the team and the game. And then coming home and reading blogs by people who are knowledgeable about the team and the game. There were maybe 3 other people sitting near me who know who TJ Beam is. And while I was upset that Villone gave up the dinger, I certainly wasn't calling to dump the guy from the team, like others around me. I appreciate what he's done for the team. And, my god, the A-Rod booing was completely out of control. There were teens there booing just to boo. I don't even think the one was a Yankee fan. He would boo if A-Rod hit a foul ball.

Random Notes
– It was Roger Maris bronze statuette night. That was pretty much the reason I was sitting in the box seats. This game wasn't on my schedule and I wanted the Maris statue. I'll try to get a pic of it up sometime over the weekend.

– Jaret Wright warms up to "Shout at the Devil". I thought I saw this when last I saw him pitch, but I wasn't quite sure. Now I am. Johnny Damon must love the Crüe, because he was really getting into. During the chorus he would pump his fist and bang his head, much to the delight of the fans behind him.

– There are security cameras above the pitch count screen. I never knew that.

– I brought my camera hoping to see another Melky home run snag or something like that. The best action shot I got was Cairo tagging out Orr who was attempting to steal in the first.

– I've noticed that when the Yanks win a game at home, whatever train won the Subway Race will win the next game as well. Same with the Cap Game. When they lose, both are changed for the next game. If you look back at the recaps here you can see the pattern.


The Mets sure picked a fine time to start losing. *cough*collusion*cough* Friday night can't come soon enough. Moose vs. El Duque. I can't wait.

In attendance record: 13-12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home